Posh designer sets up shop in Sloane Square

first_imgWould you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week.last_img

Chance to improve space brought in the buyers

first_imgThe home at 38 Delaney Rd, Burpengary.DESPITE an already huge floor area, the buyers of 38 Delaney Rd, Burpengary, which sold for $612,000 on August 18, plan to make the home even bigger.Raine & Horne agent, Francine Deeks, said they were attracted to the 370 sqm, four-bedroom, four-bathroom home because of its size, but the potential to create even more floor space sealed the deal.“The fact that it had a very high ceiling and was very big under the roof — the master suites were real master suites,” Ms Deeks said.More from newsLand grab sees 12 Sandstone Lakes homesites sell in a week21 Jun 2020Tropical haven walking distance from the surf9 Oct 2019“The new owners have got massive plans for it. They actually want to build into the alfresco area and make a big office.” The home at 38 Delaney Rd Burpengary.Ms Deeks said the home was beautifully presented with features such as timber-frame glass doors and a designer kitchen. It will be perfect for its new extended family, she said.“They were living down at the Brighton Sandgate area and they’re now going to be living with their parents here.”Ms Deeks said the market was attracting interstate investors and others seeking a better lifestyle. “It’s really good at the moment. We’ve got lots and lots of buyers from Sydney, Melbourne and all over the place,” she said.last_img read more

South Dakota may regulate transgender students’ bathroom use

first_imgNZ Herald 18 February 2016Family First Comment: A practical and common sense (but politically incorrect) solution which parents would want schools in NZ to adopt. “Under the plan, schools would have to provide a “reasonable accommodation” for transgender students, such as a single-occupancy bathroom or the “controlled use” of a staff-designated restroom, locker room or shower room.”South Dakota would be the first state in the U.S. to approve a law requiring transgender students to use bathrooms and locker rooms that correspond to their sex at birth if the governor signs a bill passed Tuesday by the state Senate.The Senate voted 20-15 to send the bill to Republican Gov. Dennis Daugaard, who last week said he’d need to study it more before making a decision.Advocates say the bill is meant to protect the privacy of students, but opponents say it discriminates against vulnerable adolescents.Under the plan, schools would have to provide a “reasonable accommodation” for transgender students, such as a single-occupancy bathroom or the “controlled use” of a staff-designated restroom, locker room or shower room.The American Civil Liberties Union of South Dakota and Human Rights Campaign have called on Daugaard to veto the legislation.READ MORE: http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=11591556last_img read more

India temple: Last treasure vault stays shut says court

first_img Share Share Sharing is caring! Tweet Sharecenter_img FaithLifestyle India temple: Last treasure vault stays shut says court by: – September 22, 2011 21 Views   no discussions Much more treasure is believed to still lie undiscovered in the temple vaultsThe final vault at a temple in India’s Kerala state should not be opened until treasure already recovered is fully documented, the Supreme Court has said.Six vaults at the Sree Padmanabhaswamy temple contain a huge collection of precious stones, gold and silver worth millions of dollars.Five of the vaults have been opened and the contents itemised.The sixth and most secure vault will remain closed while officials digitally archive their contents, the court said.A panel of experts appointed by the Supreme Court is inspecting treasures already recovered at the temple, which is looked after by descendants of the Travancore royal family.The court accepted all suggestions by the five-member expert committee headed by CV Ananda Bose, director general of India’s National Museum, which is engaged in the tough job, except the suggestion of taking over the temple’s security by the central forces from the state police.“The court felt that the current security provided by the state government was satisfactory,” said CV Ananda Bose, director general of India’s National Museum, who heads the panel. “The court’s is the last word. We’ll follow its strictures in letter and spirit.”Local legend has long held that vast riches were interred in the walls and vaults of the temple by the Maharajas of Travancore over many years.Historians say it is almost impossible to assess the value of the objects, but officials have said it could be more than £12bn ($20bn).Neither the state of Kerala nor the descendants of the Travancore royal family have made any claim on the treasure, which they say is the property of the temple and its deity.But the discovery has sparked a public debate, with many believing the items should be put in museums or sold and the profits used for public good.Security has since been stepped up at the temple, which is now one of the richest in the world.Temple officials were pleased at the court ruling.“For us, there’s nothing to worry about. Protection of the temple wealth is for everybody’s interest,” said VK Harikumar, executive officer of the temple administration. BBC Newslast_img read more

DSS Says Early Retirers Cause Losses

first_imgBusinessLifestyleLocalNews DSS Says Early Retirers Cause Losses by: – February 4, 2020 More and more people are choosing to receive their pensions early according to Dominica Social Security.Deputy Director, Augustus Etienne was speaking on Vibes Radio recently when he explained that the pension fund of the social security system wasn’t designed for early checkouts; that means a loss for the fund.“This is not allowing the system to see the impact of the savings that that provision was meant for,” he said.“If people apply for the pension early, it means they’re not making additional contributions; the system has to pay them out earlier and longer and that is a challenge.”Etienne says, “It would be better for everybody concerned if people stayed in the workforce longer and make additional contributions because every year that you contribute, you get 1% added to your pension. If somebody works for an additional 6 years from age 60 to 65, that’s 5% added to their pension.”He revealed that contributors are also opting to accept a major loss with the decision to cash out early.“When they claim it earlier than it is due to them, they will receive it for longer than they should have rightfully received it.”The rate for that, he says, is 6% per annum.“If you take it a year early, you’re giving up 6% of your pension for the rest of your life.”The only increase applied would be inflationary every 3 years. 121 Views   no discussions Sharing is caring! Tweetcenter_img Share Share Sharelast_img read more

Kei Nishikori pulls out of Australian Open with elbow injury

first_img Promoted Content2020 Tattoo Trends: Here’s What You’ll See This Year6 Incredibly Strange Facts About HurricanesEver Thought Of Sleeping Next To Celebs? This Guy Will Show YouTop 10 Iconic Personalities On TV NowThe World’s 7 Most Spectacular Railway StationsTop 10 Historical Mysteries That Still Haven’t Been SolvedTop 10 Most Romantic Nations In The World5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme ParksWhy Go Veg? 7 Reasons To Do ThisJason Statham Bought And Sold A Multi-Million Dollar HouseWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme Parks novak Djokovic winner of 2019 Aussie open can he defend is title in 2020? ‘This decision was not taken lightly as Australia is one of my favorite places to compete. ‘Together with my team I will keep working hard to be back on court as soon as possible. Thanks for all the support.’ Read Also Boxing: Fury, Wilder rematch confirmed for Las Vegas Nishikori, who reached a career-high rank of No.4 in 2015, is a four-time Australian Open quarterfinalist (2012, 2015, 2016, 2019) with a 29-7 record at Melbourne Park. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 A day after Andy Murray put his Grand Slam comeback on hold, Japan’s Kei Nishikori has become the latest high-profile player to withdraw from next month’s Australian Open, citing a right elbow injury. Tennis Australia issued a statement on Monday saying Nishikori had withdrawn from the season-opening major at Melbourne Park and from the ATP Cup, a new international men’s team event which starts next week and will be played in Sydney, Perth and Brisbane. The world No.13, who has not played since a third-round loss to Australia’s Alex de Minaur at the U.S. Open, required minor elbow surgery in the off-season. ‘Today, together with my team, we have made this decision as I am still not 100 per cent ready (or) healthy to compete at the highest level,’ Nishikori said.Advertisementcenter_img Loading… last_img read more

Third straight win for Shute at Southern Iowa

first_imgBy Jeremy Fox OSKALOOSA, Iowa (May 14) – Todd Shute picked up his third Musco Lighting IMCA Modified feature win as many nights at Southern Iowa Speedway on Wednesday.Cayden Carter and Shute battled it out side by side before Shute took the lead away for good on lap nine and sped to the checkers.Carter was second.Defending track champion Todd Cooney had to contend with Colby Springsteen and Nick Marolf following a lap nine restart but held on to take the IMCA Late Model win. Zack VanderBeek passed long-time leader Damon Murty following a lap 14 restart and led the rest of the way in the Budweiser IMCA Stock Car main event. Carter VanDenBerg became the third different KBOE Radio Northern SportMod winner this season at SIS. Next Up was the IMCA Sport Compacts feature, which saw Trent Orwig take the early lead but just after one lap was completed the caution came out for debris in turn one. Orwig and Bill Whalen began to battle for the top spot and it was Whalen getting by. Whalen went on to take his 2nd consective win over Orwig, Larry Hopkins, Matt Moore and John Whalen. Mike Hughes was the winner of a Pepsi IMCA Hobby Stock feature that was red flagged early after Gina Greubel’s axle broke and she rolled two times in turn one.Bill Whalen won his second straight Mach-1 Sport Compact main event.last_img read more

Ivy Tech Lawrenceburg hosts leadership summit

first_imgLawrenceburg, In. —Ivy Tech Community College’s Lawrenceburg campus plans to host a Leadership Summit on April 10 from 6-9 p.m. at its Riverfront Campus Business Conference Center (50 Walnut Street, Lawrenceburg). High school students and current Ivy Tech students are strongly encouraged to attend.During this event, students will learn prominent leadership skills while also grasping an understanding of what it means to be a positive leader. Students will become empowered individuals who are driven to aid in the ushering of a new era of leadership; one that is centered on promoting the positive characteristics of individuals as well as leading people to becoming better versions of themselves.The Summit’s organizer, Rod Martin, expresses his vision for leadership, “I want you to reach beyond yourself to see, hear, touch, and improve the people around you.”“Leaders can promote good or destruction,” says Ivy Tech Professor Becky Pohle. “Everyone has to determine who they will follow.  Most students will one day lead a small group, team, community, or family.  My desire is for our local high school juniors and seniors, as well as Ivy Tech students, to recognize their role and responsibility in choosing and becoming leaders that promote healthy and strong communities.”The Summit will be held Wednesday, April 10, 6-9 p.m. at Ivy Tech Community College’s Lawrenceburg Riverfront Campus Business Conference Center.last_img read more

Peace: No offers for Odemwingie

first_img Press Association Odemwingie, whose contract with Albion runs out at the end of 2013/14, failed to secure a switch to QPR in January despite turning up at Loftus Road on transfer deadline day. In recent weeks the Nigeria international has been linked with the likes of Hull, Swansea and Crystal Palace. However, Peace told Birmingham Mail: “We have a player who is under contract until the end of the season. Unless something comes in to change our way of thinking he will be back in pre-season and we will deal with that.” He added: “We took a view at the end of January – not only for the reasons of Peter Odemwingie, or QPR, or whichever agents were involved who acted disgracefully, but for the long term of this football club – that we have to behave a certain way. “If we don’t do that they will all be knocking on the door. “Unless we get an offer we’re happy with we won’t sell him.” center_img West Brom chairman Jeremy Peace has indicated the club are yet to receive any offers this summer for Peter Odemwingie and stressed they are prepared to keep the wantaway striker if no suitable deals are forthcoming.last_img read more