a month agoAC Milan consider move for Tottenham fullback Serge Aurier

first_imgAC Milan consider move for Tottenham fullback Serge Aurierby Paul Vegasa month agoSend to a friendShare the loveAC Milan are considering a move for Tottenham fullback Serge Aurier.The Serie A side are looking for an alternative for Andrea Conti.Sport Mediaset says they will target Aurier in January.Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino is yet to be convinced by the Ivory Coast international.The Argentine could be open to selling Aurier if he can find a replacement. TagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your saylast_img read more

ESPN “Accidentally” Fired NFL Reporter Adam Schefter Friday

first_imgAdam Schefter on the phone.NEW YORK, NY – SEPTEMBER 11: Sports Writer Adam Schefter attends the Annual Charity Day Hosted By Cantor Fitzgerald And BGC at the Cantor Fitzgerald Office on September 11, 2013 in New York, United States. (Photo by Jeff Schear/Getty Images for Cantor Fitzgerald)ESPN NFL insider Adam Schefter, who is constantly glued to his cell phone(s), is one of the hardest working people in all of sports, so it’d be one heck of a surprise if the Worldwide Leader decided to terminate him out of the blue. But Friday morning, for whatever reason, ESPN deactivated both his cell phone and his laptop computer, as if he’d been let go by the company. It was eventually reported as “accidental” by a company spokesman.Sources: Someone at ESPN “accidentally” placed @AdamSchefter on the terminated list. Devices have been deactivated. Looking for suspects— Seth Markman (@tunasweasel) August 21, 2015Schefter joked on Twitter that it was actually the second time it’s happened to him.Been through this before. Not any easier to take 2nd time around. Do want to thank all the great people at ESPN. https://t.co/vI4j6mDObm— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) August 21, 2015IT just told me HR confirmed to them that I have not been fired (whew). Now they need to figure out how to re-activate my Iphones and laptop— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) August 21, 2015The question, obviously, is whether someone did this as a joke intentionally or if it was just a mistake. If it was the former, perhaps someone will be getting fired by ESPN today.last_img read more

Finnlines Buys Back MS Europalink

first_imgzoom In response to growing volumes, Finland-based RoRo and passenger services operator Finnlines has decided to expand its fleet with MS Europalink, a Star-class passenger-freight vessel. Specifically, Finnlines’ Swedish subsidiary, Rederi Aktiebolaget Nordö-Link, bought the 2007-built ship from the Grimaldi Group on January 26, in accordance with the purchase agreement signed earlier.Back in 2013, the ship was sold by Finnlines to the parent company because of insufficient volumes in the Baltic. However, volume trends have reversed and the vessel will join the company on the Germany/Sweden trade.As informed, MS Europalink will be fitted with exhaust gas scrubbers in mid-March and it will start sailing under the Swedish flag on the Malmö–Travemünde route.The vessel, which has a capacity of 4,215 lane meters and 554 passengers, will undergo refurbishment in the public areas, according to the company.Last year, the company launched an investment program to lengthen four of its Breeze-series RoRo ships, including the two optional ones.The first lengthened vessel from the batch, MS Finntide, was delivered to the company in November 2017.Finnlines said that the second vessel, MS Finnwave, has also completed lengthening and is now 30 meters longer. The capacity of the vessel is now 4,192 lane meters, which means that the lengthening added 1,000 lane meters. MS Finnwave has returned to the normal traffic on Uusikaupunki/Turku–Travemünde route.By the end of May, a further two vessels, MS Finnsun and MS Finnsky, will be lengthened.last_img read more

First Nations leaders assess Liberal track record ahead of federal election

first_imgAssembly of First Nations National Chief Perry Bellegarde reiterated his core message of the past year that the federal government has made progress on First Nations rights but have much work ahead. Photo: Justin Brake/APTN.Justin BrakeAPTN NewsThe Liberal government’s track record and First Nations influence in this fall’s federal election were front and centre Tuesday in Fredericton as the 2019 Assembly of First Nations’ Annual General Assembly got underway.“First Nations priorities are Canada’s priorities. First Nations issues are Canada’s issues,” AFN National Chief Perry Bellegarde told delegates gathered at the Fredericton Convention Centre in unceded Wolatoqey territory, as federal representatives  Crown-Indigenous Relations Minister Carolyn Bennett, Bennett’s Parliamentary Secretary Marc Miller and Conservative Opposition Critic for Indigenous and Northern Affairs Cathy McLeod looked on.“So if you want to become prime minister or a member of parliament you better listen to our people and our issues and concerns because we vote now and we are important and we have impact. That’s what’s going to happen in October. We’re not going to be pushed to the side anymore.”Bellegarde’s message followed recap of what the AFN leader noted as successes on policy and legislative fronts, including the recent passing of the Indigenous languages and child welfare legislation.But every achievement Bellegarde noted, like the dozens of long term drinking water advisories that have been lifted under the Trudeau government’s tenure, was accompanied by acknowledgements of remaining crises.“Yes we’ve seen the boil water advisories on reserve go down from over 130 down to 57. Good movement, positive movement,” Bellegarde said in his address.“But yet today the people of Attiwapiskat and Eabametoong can’t drink their water, can’t bathe in their water. There’s still a water crisis.”Bennett later addressed the assembly, echoing Bellegarde’s admission that more needs to be done, but assured leaders the government is working on a path of reconciliation and decolonization.“You have a constitutionally protected right to self-determination and self-government, but it has to be based on how you want to define and govern yourselves, based on your laws and your traditional practices, and how you want to describe your relationship with the Crown,” he said.“Only together can we address Canada’s legacy of colonialism and the barriers you have faced under the Indian Act which still regulates almost every aspect of community life on reserve, literally from cradle to beyond the grave. We need to make it easier for your nations to get out from under the Indian Act. You are doing the hard work and setting the path for decolonization and reconciliation.”But some delegates weren’t happy with the minister’s platitudes.“She talks about nation to nation, and so does Trudeau. He says the same thing: nation to nation and reconciliation,” said Hart Perley, proxy for Tobique First Nation Chief Ross Perley.“Well, you know what? Canada is not a nation. It never was and it never will be. Canada is a corporate state. And as soon as you look at that and recognize that and admit it, then maybe the Indigenous peoples across this land will start believing what comes out of your mouth,” she said as some delegates applauded her message.When AFN organizers encouraged her to wrap up, Perley asked Bennett directly: “When, Ms. Bennett, did Canada become a nation? And when, Ms. Bennett, are you going to stop lying to the Indigenous peoples right across this country?”Multiple leaders criticized the Liberals for splitting Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada into two departments in 2017 without consulting First Nations.The result was Bennett’s new department, Crown-Indigenous Relations and Indigenous Services Canada.While Bennett lauded the move, saying it would facilitate First Nations’ move toward self-determination, some argued Tuesday that decisions of such significance shouldn’t be done without First Nations’ inclusion and support.The federal election will remain a focus Wednesday when Indigenous Services Minister Seamus O’Regan, Green Party Leader Elizabeth May, McLeod, and NDP MP Guy Caron all address leaders.The National Inquiry into Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women and Girls’ final report will be a featured topic of discussion Wednesday, as will the Trudeau government’s efforts to overhaul major policies dealing with First Nations Aboriginal and land [email protected]@justinbrakenewslast_img read more

STEAMED TINGMO HOTDOG

first_imgIngredients All Purpose Flour 1½ cup Sugar 2 tsp Water ¾ cup Yeast 2 tsp Refined Oil 1 tbsp Baking Soda ½ tsp Salt to taste Chicken Sausage 1 Bacon (crispy) 2 strips Mustard Mayo as required Hoisin Sauce 1 tbsp Also Read – PUMPKIN MASH, TAMATAR RASSAShredded Lettuce & Red Cabbage handful Preparation In a bowl, mix all purpose flour, sugar, water, yeast, refined oil, baking soda and salt. Mix well and knead dough. Let the dough rest for 1 hour. Once the dough rises after 1 hour, make small balls out of it. Now, roll them into long ropes, like hotdog bread. Let them rest for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the steamer. Once the steamer is ready, steam the tingmo. Steam for 15 to 20 minutes. Meanwhile, take a pan and make the bacon crispy and in the same fat from bacon, sear the sausage. Once the tingmo is done, assemble the hot dog along with sausage, lettuce, red cabbage, hoisin sauce, mustard mayo and crispy bacon. (Courtesy: Pawan Bisht, Corporate and R&D Executive, Mango Kitchen and Bar, Delhi)last_img read more

Woman tortured for dowry dies of burn injuries

first_imgKolkata: A woman in Narendrapur in South 24-Parganas died of burn injuries after she allegedly set herself on fire. It is further alleged the woman took the extreme step as her husband and in-laws tortured her for dowry.According to sources, Santoshi Pramanik of Nepalgunge at Bishnupur in South 24-Parganas got married to Uttam Pramanik of Bonhooghly in Narendrapur approximately seven years ago. During their marriage Santoshi’s family reportedly gave the couple several furniture and other valuables as dowry. Approximately after a year, Santoshi gave birth to a baby. Till then, there were no problems between the couple or with the in-laws. Also Read – Bengal family worships Muslim girl as Goddess Durga in Kumari PujaBut, after a few months, Uttam Pramanik and his family members allegedly started demanding money from Santoshi’s family. They use to allegedly taunt Santoshi regarding the things her father gave them during their marriage and claimed the items they received during the dowry were not good. After another a few months Uttam forced her to go to her father to get more money. When she refused, Uttam and his family members allegedly beat her many times. Altercation between them over money had become frequent. Also Read – Bengal civic volunteer dies in road mishap on national highwayA few years ago, she had told her father about the torture and her father had arranged for some money as well. But, that money did not made Uttam happy. He continued torturing Santoshi to get more money. Santoshi’s sister alleged that on April 23 Uttam reportedly called Santoshi’s father and told that she had set herself on fire. Later, Santoshi was admitted at the M R Bangur Hospital in a critical condition. Sources informed that during her statement to the doctors, Santoshi reportedly told that she tried to commit suicide as she was not able to bear the torture by her husband and in-laws. Late on Saturday night, Santoshi succumbed to her burn injuries at the M R Bangur hospital. Later, Santoshi’s family lodged a complaint against her husband and his mother at the Narendrapur police station claiming that Uttam set her on fire. But as Santoshi’s statement before the doctors were different, a case has been initiated at the Narendrapur police station under section 306 (abetment of suicide) of the IPC against the accused persons named in the FIR. None could be traced till Sunday as the accused persons had absconded.last_img read more

Sanction threats wont change Russia stance on Ukraine Lavrov

first_imgTUNIS – Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said Tuesday that threats of sanctions against Moscow are counter-productive and will not change its position on the Ukraine crisis.“Our position is honest and… will not change,” Lavrov told a news conference in Tunisia, where he was on an official visit.“We have always opposed the policy of unilateral sanctions. I hope our partners understand that such actions are counter-productive. “Anger and humiliation are ill-advised.”Ukraine’s new authorities have said that thousands of Russian troops have poured into Crimea during the past few days, in claims backed by Western officials but denied on Tuesday by Russian President Vladimir Putin.“In its statements, the EU has not once recalled the agreement of February 21,” Lavrov said in reference to a European-brokered roadmap for Ukraine to end violent protests that ousted Kremlin-backed president Viktor Yanukovych.“This means the EU does not want a national unity government and to disarm” groups, he added.Lavrov indicated Russia was open to holding negotiations with its international partners that involved the implementation of the February 21 accord signed by Yanukovych and his opponents.Turning to Crimea, the Russian minister said “vigilante groups” were providing security on the Ukrainian peninsula after “lots of weapons and explosives were seized”.“Regarding the Russian military which are at the base of the Black Sea fleet in Sevastopol, they are acting strictly as always on the basis of the agreement allowing the existence of the Russian base in this territory, and according to requests by the legal authority in Ukraine and legitimate power in the Crimea,” he added.Lavrov arrived in Tunisia late Monday for the visit focused on expanding commercial ties.His visit comes amid rising tensions over the situation in Ukraine, which analysts have called the most serious crisis between the West and Moscow since the 1991 breakup of the Soviet Union.Western powers have been wrestling with how to respond to Russia’s threat to use force against Ukraine, where Yanukovych was driven from power following three months of protests that culminated in days of carnage.Washington has suspended military cooperation with Russia, and the Kremlin has responded to US warnings, saying sanctions against Russia “would end in a crash for the financial system of the United States”.last_img read more

Weekly football predictions Week 2

Last year, Quinn Pitcock took home the title belt after dominating the competition in the first season of Lantern weekly picks. This year, Pitcock is seeking to defend his title, and his performance in Week 1 will certainly help. Pitcock and Justin Zwick – who finished third in the standings last year – finished a perfect 3-0 last week, thanks to Boise State’s late comeback win against Virginia Tech. The rest of the field limped to a 1-2 start. Each competitor was asked to predict the winners of four marquee matchups this week. Can Pitcock and Zwick keep their records unblemished? THIS WEEK’S GAMES: No. 11 Miami @ No. 2 Ohio State Michigan @ Notre Dame No. 18 Penn State @ No. 1 Alabama No. 17 Florida State @ No. 10 Oklahoma Dallas Lauderdale Last week/Overall: 1-2 Picks: Ohio State, Notre Dame, Alabama, Oklahoma Justin Zwick Last week/Overall: 3-0 Picks: Ohio State, Michigan, Alabama, Florida State James Laurinaitis Last week/Overall: 1-2 Picks: Ohio State, Michigan, Alabama, Oklahoma Quinn Pitcock Last week/Overall: 3-0 Picks: Ohio State, Notre Dame, Alabama, Florida State Zack Meisel Last week/Overall: 1-2 Picks: Ohio State, Notre Dame, Alabama, Florida State read more

Buffon would be very happy to see Ronaldo at Juventus

first_imgJuventus legend Gianluigi Buffon is hopeful that Cristiano Ronaldo’s prospective move to Turin this summer will materialise and hailed the significance the move would represent for both the club and Italian footballFollowing that massive transfer bombshell in May’s Champions League final victory over Liverpool, Ronaldo’s future at Real Madrid has been uncertain ever since and he has been strongly linked with a €100m move to Juventus over the past week.The prospect of Ronaldo joining the Bianconeri has been warmly welcomed by the club supporters with shirts with both his name and number on having already been made ahead of his anticipated arrival.Buffon, who was unveiled as a Paris Saint-Germain player on Monday after 17 years at Juventus, is eagerly waiting for further news on Ronaldo’s future – like any other Turin fan.“It wouldn’t surprise me to see Ronaldo at Juventus, it would make me happy because it is what the Juventus world needs, to find new idols and exalt them,” said Buffon, according to Marca.Franck Ribery, FiorentinaFiorentina owner: “Ribery played better than Ronaldo!” Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Fiorentina owner Rocco Commisso was left gushing over Franck Ribery’s performance against Juventus, which he rates above that of even Cristiano Ronaldo’s.The 40-year-old insists that he still has no regrets over leaving Juventus, despite missing out on the possible opportunity to have played with Ronaldo – although the two goals that the Portuguese superstar scored against him in last season’s Champions League appear to have left some scars behind.“No, if anything bothers me it’s the goals he scored against me last year,” Buffon smiled.“It would be the best advertisement for Italian football. It is confirmation of how much a society Juventus is, with Andrea Agnelli and his family, who are capable of adapting to the times and even anticipating them,” added Buffon.Juventus are expected to pay a reported fee of €100m for Ronaldo with the player himself set to make €30 per year in a four-year deal.last_img read more